Homeward Trail Bible Camp Statement of Faith
We stand for and emphasize the foundational truths of the historic Christian faith held in common by like-minded evangelical Christians.
Our beliefs are stated as follows:
- We believe that there is one God, creator and sustainer of the universe, existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit, is inerrant in the original manuscripts and infallible, our only authority for faith and practice.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutionary death upon the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His victory over sin and His enemy Satan, In His present exaltation at the Father’s right hand, and in His personal imminent return, at any time, in power and great glory.
- We believe in the fall and lost estate of all people, whose total depravity necessitates regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation.
- We believe that salvation consists of the forgiveness of sins, the atonement by the substitutionary death and shed blood of Jesus Christ our Savior, the imputation of Christ’s righteousness, and the gift of eternal life, received by grace through faith alone, entirely apart from works.
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and by whom the Church, the Body of Christ, is gifted and equipped to serve and glorify God.
- We believe the Church, or Body or Bride of Christ consists only of those who are born again through faith in Jesus Christ, for whom He now makes intercession in Heaven and for whom He shall come again.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all people: those who have trusted in Jesus Christ, the ultimate Judge, will receive everlasting life and blessedness in Heaven, those who have not will be separated from God forever and will receive everlasting punishment in hell.
- We believe in the personality of Satan, called the Devil, that he presently exercises great influence over unsaved people, and that he actively fights against God’s program on earth.
- We believe that Jesus Christ has commanded His Church to go into all the world and preach the gospel to all people, and that this mandate should be a primary concern of all Christians.